- Year formed
- Registered in
- Formally registered
- Number of groups
- Number of members
- Type of members
- Members are waste picker organizations
- Occupation of members
- Waste pickers
- Type of Organization
- Association, Federation of cooperatives
- Organizational Reach
- Workplace of members
- Door to door, Sorting center, Street
- Organization Structure
- City Federation of Cooperatives
- Women composition
- What kind of relationship exists with the municipality?
- Payment for materials collected
- How is the relationship with the municipality?
- Conflictual and/or problematic
- Are they selling to middlemen?
- Collection of recyclables, Community sale of materials, Community storage of materials, Organizing collective events, Training and capacity building
- Sorting Spaces
- Sorting centers
- Challenges to access waste
- Availability of waste, Negative attitude towards waste, Privatization
- Information Source
- WORD 9/10/2010, Lucia Fernandez 26/11/2014
Comments / Narrative
Its one of the oldest waste picker organization worldwide. Recyclers in Bogota received economic compensation for the recyclable materials they collected. They are recognized as public service providers and being integrated into the solid waste management system of the city.