Written by Association Amelior. Amelior. 02/06/2017
Answering the call of the Global Alliance of Waste Pickers , the associations Sauve Qui Peut (biffins at the Gate of Montmartre) and AMELIOR (biffins in Paris, Montreuil, Bagnolet and Ile de France), as well as workers’ associations excluded from the circular, grassroots economy of reuse and recycling Rally on the Place de l’Hôtel de Ville on Wednesday March 1, 2017, from 8 am to 6 pm, on Global Waste Pickers’s Day!
In solidarity with our comrades in the popular movements of recyclers and waste pickers around the world in our fight against exclusion, poverty and global warming, we will assemble to demand that the elected members of the Council of Paris recognize our professions and end the repressive, criminal and scandalous policies pursued in Paris over the last 10 years.
We are not criminals! We are workers! Poverty is not a crime! Repression is a scandal! We are advocating for for a city that is inclusive and will ensure workers have rights!
- The right to work for all biffins
- A space and a market for all
- The creation of organized spaces dedicated to biffins and buyers, that is 100 spaces in each of the 6 markets in the 6 boroughs at the gates of Paris, 3 days a week
- 10% of spaces be allocated for biffins on flea markets, antique fairs and open food markets in Paris
- Support for biffin organisations
- The recognition and development of the green professions (collection, sorting, recovery, reuse, recycling, sale) of biffins.
- The allocation of premises to biffin associations
- That public authorities take into account current biffin markets and related experiments
- The development of a popular economy and action research
- A circular and grass-roots economy that is resilient
- An end to seizures destruction of materials recovered by biffins
- An end to the use of waste tippers and incineration