On Monday, June 29th, 2020 the second online meeting for the constitution of the Global Advisory Committee took place with the participation of representatives from 15 countries. They came together to guide the organization of their global movement.
The delegates (list below) met in order to share their current work- menaces during our pandemic crisis. In order to deepen their previous conversation, they continued discussing the opportunities for global actions and they addressed representation issues for proper democratic decision making as well. New delegates from Kenya and South Africa joined.
They manifested their respect and sent condolences to the Bokk Diom organization, since their president Bankhass passed away a few days before the meeting was held.
Monday July 13th will be their next virtual meeting.
- Landon Hoyt. The Binner’s Project (Vancouver, Canada)
- Ana de Luco. Sure We Can (New York, USA)
- Aicha Ba. Bokk Diom (Dakar Senegal)
- Pris Polly and William. IPI (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Morium Begum. Bangladesh Waste Picker Union (with Maksud Grambangla support) (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Alessandro Stillo. Rete ONU (Italy)
- Samuel Le Coeur. Amelior (Montreuil, France)
- Jacqui Flores y Sergio Sánchez. FACCyR (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Silvio Ruiz Grisales. ARB (Bogota, Colombia) Red Lacre secretariat
- Nohra Padilla. ANR (Bogota, Colombia)
- Soledad Mella. MNRCh (Santiago de Chile, Chile) Red Lacre secretariat
- Severino Lima Junior, (Natal, Brazil) Red Lacre secretariat
- Nalini Shekar. Alliance of Indian Waste-pickers (Bengaluru, India)
- Johnson Doe. Kpone Landfill Organization (Accra, Ghana)
- Simon Mbata. SAWPA (South Africa)
- Mustafa Okuto and Elly Ogola, Kibra Waste Collectors Nairobi (Kenya)