Glasgow, UK, 31 October - 12 November 20121
Global Alliance of Waste pickers participates in the COP26 in Glasgow, UK.
In this page we will feature where waste picker organizations and the Global Alliance of Waste pickers will be participating in the COP26 in Glasgow, UK.
Webinar: Saving the Climate: Waste-pickers Contribution for a Cleaner Planet
The panel discussion will be held in two parts. In the 1st hour, waste-pickers leaders from around the world will share the stories of their work, and their contribution to the mitigation of climate change. First round of presenters are:
- Reema Begum, Bangladeshi Waste-pickers Union, Bangladesh
- AKM Maksud, Grambangla Unnayan Committee, Bangladesh
- Ramadhan Said, Kibra Waste-pickers Organization, Kenya
- Krishna, Dry Waste Collection Centre, Bengaluru, Hasiru Dala, India
- Shyra Bano, Safai Sena, India
- Samuel Le Coeur, Amelior Association, France
- Soledad Mela, Asociación Nacional Recicladores Chile, y Redlacre
The second part will showcase the result of a Green House Gases calculator that WIEGO has developed over the past years with the expertise of GreenPartners consultants. The exact amount of reduction of CO2 emissions that waste pickers contributes will be reviled! Second round of presenters involved in the methodology development and testing are:
- Maria Eugenia Duque Daza, ANR, ARB, Colombia
- Vlad Muresan, Green Partners/RWA, Romania
- Lubna Anantakrishnan, KKPKP/SwaCH, India
- Claudiu Fagadar, Green Partners/RWA, Romania
- Taylor Cass Talbott, WIEGO, United States.
The panel will be moderated by Kabir Arora, National Coordinator of the Alliance of Indian Waste-pickers and a member of the Support team of Global Alliance of Waste-pickers.
The webinar will be broadcasted in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Kannada and Bangla, and is co-organized by the Global Alliance of Waste-pickers, ICCCAD, Resilience Hub, Green Partners and WIEGO.
Webinar: Zero Waste for Zero Warning
Wednesday, November 10, 2021. 14:00 GMT. Online