The updates we publish in this newsletter are by waste pickers and allies. Sometimes we re-post directly from what individuals or groups have shared via social media, websites or emails; sometimes we edit, organize and translate. The goal is to disseminate information from waste pickers across borders. As usual, we invite waste pickers’ organizations and allies to keep sending updates of their struggles and victories. We want to make this information-sharing platform more inclusive and participatory! This process is supported by Women in Informal Employment: Globalizing and Organizing.
If you want to be part of the editorial committee or learn how to post your own updates on globalrec.org please write an email to email@example.com.
We are pleased to invite you to a very important event for all waste pickers around the world: the launch of our Constitution on Saturday October 29th, 2022, which will allow us to formalize ourselves as an international organization of waste pickers.
The congress will take place as a Zoom meeting, which has a 500 participants limit. Once you register we will send you a zoom link to participate in the event. If we reach the limit of participants we will provide an alternative video streaming access. Thanks for your comprehension.
Countries with prospective affiliates that adopted the Constitution on October 2022:
Global Alliance of Waste Pickers Congress Planning Committee:
- Araceli Barrios, Argentina – FACCyR
- Alejandro Mena, Chile – ANARCH
- Severino Lima Junior, Brasil – MNCR
- Karina Rivero perez, Bolivia – Red de Recolectores Santa Cruz
- Harouna Niasse, Senegal – Bokk Diom
- Kulsum Begum, Bangladesh Waste Pickers Union
- Shanti Tamang, Nepal – SASAJA – Samyukta Safai Jagaran
- Yenny del carmen González, Panamá – MNRP
- Johnson Doe, Ghana – Kpone Landfill Waste Pickers Association (KLWPS)