- Year formed
- Number of members
- Type of members
- Members are waste pickers
- Occupation of members
- Itinerant buyers, Waste collectors, Waste pickers
- Type of Organization
- Trade union
- Organizational Reach
- Workplace of members
- Door to door, Street
- Organization Structure
- President, General Secretary, Joint Secretary, Vice President, Treasurer, Governing body.
- Recognition of waste pickers, fight against discrimination and poverty, improve waste picker living conditions, strengthen unity and cohension among waste pickers, awareness raising, promote the rights of waste pickers, mutual support and solidarity, improve livelihoods, work security, income security, social and economic empowerment of waste pickers, advocacy at national level
- Education and training
- Hygiene education, Mobilization, Risks & health, Waste management
- Partnering organizations
- Angamehanati Kashtakari Sangharsh Samiti (local), Stree Mukti Andolan Sampark samiti (local), JAA (state level), Action for the Rights of the Child, Campaign against Child Labour, citizens civic action groups and environmental groups.
- Women composition
- Mostly women. Majority women members of the board
Social networking sites
- Member benefits
- Child assistance programmes, Health care & insurance, Id cards, Job creation & source of income, Savings or credit scheme
- Number of credit / saving members?
- Information source
- WORD 12/05/2011, Asia 2013
Comments / Narrative
Has savings linked Cooperative with 3500 members. Each member saves R.50 per month and is entitled to loans and profit share. Runs Cooperative scrap stores, provides health care services, group insurance scheme, school enrolment of children. Diversification: micro enterprises – scrap shops, V collect, PET processing. Also maintain a dynamic database of 9000 waste pickers with details of family, work, socio economic background, education of children, savings, health status, credit, engagement with KKPKP programmes etc.
Former website: http://www.wastepickerscollective.org