- About WAW
- List of Waste Picker Organizations
- Waste Pickers' Organizations Map
- Add your organization
- Waste pickers Around the World (WAW)
- Republički Sindikat Sakupljača Sekundarnih Sirovina (Syndicate of waste picker of the Republic of Serbia )
Republički Sindikat Sakupljača Sekundarnih Sirovina (Syndicate of waste picker of the Republic of Serbia )Website: rssss.rs
- Year formed
- Registered in
- Formally registered
- English, Serbian
- Number of members
- Type of members
- Members are waste pickers
- Occupation of members
- Waste pickers
- Type of Organization
- Trade union
- Organizational Reach
- Workplace of members
- Collection from companies, Door to door, Dumpsite, Home-based, Slums, Sorting center, Street
- Organization Structure
- Congress (every 2 years), assembly (once a year at least), presidential board, monitoring board, managing board (calls for the meeting of assembly, it is the executive board of the organization), president, vicepresident, secretariat, financial assstant. Assembly is the main organ of organization.
- Education and training
- Business & project management, Cooperativism & solidarity economy, Hygiene education, Literacy & school, Mobilization, Rights & duties, Risks & health, Waste management
- Partnering organizations
- Independent SIndicate of Serbia, Joint Sindicate of ___ (SLOGA)
- Donor, Membership fees
- Internal elections
- Every 4 years
- Women composition
- 20% women
Social networking sites
- Types of materials
- Biodegradable waste, Bottles, Cans, Electronic waste, Glass, Metals, Organics, Paper and cardboard, Plastics, Tetra brik
- Are they selling to middlemen?
- Cleaning, Collecting materials, Collecting waste, Collection of recyclables, Collection of waste, Community storage of materials, Composting, Recycling, Selling materials, Sensitization of locals, Sorting waste, Street sweeping, Waste collection, Waste management, Waste sorting
- Sorting Spaces
- Sorting center
- Treatmet of organic materials
- Challenges to access waste
- Lack of recognition
- Information source
- Interview with Šaban Salijević, president of Republički Sindikat Sakupljača Sekundarnih Sirovina.
Comments / Narrative
In their internal rules they are supposed to pay 50 Serbian dinar (RSD) (around 50 cents of Euro) but they are not asking for that for the moment.
There are special workshops for women and young people.
They are funded in part by the German Government,
Members of the syndicate sale materials, but not the syndicate itself.
They also say that they face lack of protection, lack of accessibility, lack of health care, great number of injuries, lack of identification.